Blog Review For Today - Vera Ezimora

If I said Vera’s blogs are dope in terms of its aesthetics, I’d be lying because in actual fact there’s nothing quite extra-ordinary about them. I could have passed it over for just another ordinary blog but I did otherwise because I believe in every blog there has to be something good hidden in there. 
I read through her blogs and at the end I was glad I didn’t pass them by! The remarkable thing is that what the blog never gave you in aesthetics, it complimented for it in the content – and it did it very well.

Without mincing words Vera manages to get your attention even when it looks like you wouldn’t give it. The magic of these blogs is such that you are carried by her writings and eventually forget whether there’s any aesthetic value or not. 

No doubt Vera is a gifted writer and I won’t be surprised if she took it as a profession (that is if her profile is saying the truth). 
As you might have noted I have been referring to two blogs which she runs – 

  • The first one titled Word of Mine deals with articles she writes about observations she makes around her and life in general. What’s very striking about this blog is that she picks outrageous stuff to analyse in such a funny way that gets you smiling if not laughing and picking some really good well reasoned facts about the subject at hand. If you’re looking for articles to read on issues concerning life that won’t keep you bored but giggling from ear to ear, this first blog achieves that aim.

  • The second blog, Verastically Livin’ is a journal that details her personal day to day accounts. This blog has some about it that is quite intricate to explain. It’s a mixture of crazy outrageous humour with thought provoking issues. Its more laid back and free-minding unlike the first blog which carries a twinge of seriousness in it. Either way you have no choice but to like one of these blogs, they’re an impressive lot.

I’ll have to summarily say that Vera is a humorous as well as intelligent writer (a power and impactful mix!). you’ll laugh at her issues but at the same time you are made to think and follow her lead. Her topics can be soo out of the ordinary with write-ups like I'm Having Twins!!! and Enigma, I’m wondering how her mind just popped the idea to do write-ups from things people wouldn’t normally notice. It made me conclude that vera is not just humorous and creative, she damn creative! Creating a blog topic out of something that looks like it don’t matter and turning it into an issue that matters (and you’re compelled to agree), now that’s the power of a real good writer!

Rating for Vera Ezimora

I'm digging it!




23 Screamer(s):

Buttercup said...

im not sure if i've been to her blogs...i'll check em out

The Activist said...

Hmmm my very Craztically Vera. She has got it!!!

I thought you were doing LG's....

Unknown said...

Wow! Beautiful review! I have to check that blog out!

Thanks for finding me. I have been searching for the link to your blog all these while! I misplaced the link you gave me. Thanks for helping me find you!

archiwiz said...

I love Vera's blogs...She's a great writer....I'm rooting for her to write a series of short stories... I'm sure they would be hilarious!!!

O'Dee said...

Hummmmmm!
I don't think I have visited Vera's blog, which make me look lost in Blogville or something.

Anywayz am going there now.

9cly reviewed.

Vera Ezimora said...

Oh, goodness! I don't know what to do. I'm not even sure how to react. Be still, my beating heart. Okay, hold oh... I'll be right back. I gotta calm down.

Vera Ezimora said...

Okay, I'm back. Sorry, I had to leave earlier. I thought I felt a seizure coming on. Seeing my name printed out so boldly on someone else's blog, it felt all kinds of right and sent all kinds of [good] chills down my spine. Now, I feel all kinds of butterflies in my tummy.

A review of my blog? Oh, brother! I just realized I have to leave again. I gotta go make my speech. I'll be right back.

Vera Ezimora said...

Ok, my speech.

First of all, I would like to give all my thanks to God. I'm grateful to Him for blessing me with the gift of writing. However, I would like to tell Him that He needs to bless me with the gift of editing compura web pages, so I can make my blog aesthetically extraordinary because I'm bored with the look of my blog. I don't want too many colors or too many things going on, but I surely want something else. Am I asking for too much, Lord?

Secondly, I would like to thank all the beaurriful bloggers and commenters. Thank you soooo much for commenting, but stop searching for my picture oo! I have google analytics on my page, so I can tell... ehen...

Now that my blogs have been reviewed by The Kush Chronicles, levels don change. I will no longer be accepting free comments. From now on, each comment comes with a cheap, affordable price tag: a 2010 Range Rover. No, you didn't read wrong. I said EACH COMMENT COSTS A 2010 RANGE ROVER. And in case you're confused, the price will be paid to the "commentee" (ME) by the "commenter" (EVERYONE ELSE).

Lastly, obviously, now that levels have changed, I no longer wish to be called Vera Ezimora, but rather Chief Madame Queen Lolo Lady Her Royal Highness Vera Ezimora

...I will be signing autographs outside.

Vera Ezimora said...

If you think I'm crazy, you're probably right. I've just left three consecutive comments. Kolomentality, yes?

Anyway, I really am going to take writing as a profession - as soon as I publish my novel (which is currently 1.5 chapters away from completion). Put me in your prayers. Please, pray for me before you pray for yourself o! Set your priorities straight....me! LOL

Gosh, sometimes, I don't know what to do with myself.

Parakeet said...

You do well with this your reviews dont you? Very good. Perhaps u shud take out a column in a newspaper and review nollywood movies. Will be good for your profile.

How are you?

Elle Woods said...

he will prolly have a stroke trying to review nollywood movies.
lol.

The Activist said...

Vera vera. U don come o. Anyway I am not goin to pay narrin to leave comment on ur post cos I have paid my dues. B4 Afronut na mi fdirst put up a linkt to your post oooooooooooooooooooo about hmmm "Wordz of mine: men are like cars"

kai sha u r one enigmatic gal

WeirdGurl said...

Nice and cool reviews.

WeirdGurl said...

Nice and cool reviews.

Jamilah said...

1st time here..nice blog
vera's blog is hilarious..i love her also..

Afronuts said...

@Buttercup…make sure u get her autograph when u get there lol.

@Standtall…yeah, I’ll be doing hers but I’d done Vera’s before then.

@Dammy…at last u’ve made the connection. Good to have u around bro.

@Archiwiz…well said my sister! I hope she read that.

@Oluwadee…never saw u as one who gets lost on blogsville cause u get around a lot.

@Vera…the celeb of the moment! I make a point and u go and prove it, with ur funny antics and multiple entries. But girl, believe me when I say you are gooood. God help u with dis ya obsession with range rovers..lol

@Parakeet…whats up bird? U been a lil scarce. Actually I used to do movie reviews for an online magazine and recently I did some for music and movies for an upcoming magazine recently.

@Weirdgurl & Abby…thanks and welcome to my page.

Very lovely review.

Vera is a fantastic writer.

And I have no doubt that she is as HOT as her write-ups (maybe hotter!)

How are you Mr Kush?

I do like her blog. Its funky flavoured blog.

Afronuts said...

@Aloofar...thanks. She's gotta be hot. Abi u no see that her eye for di blog?

Bros I dey cool. How're the copies coming? Neckbreaking shey?

@Someoneelse...hmm. Funny description.

The Activist said...

okay o. I wait

Anonymous said...

Nice one again o Kush....

bumight said...

her second blog is the hidden treasure!

@vera: you need to pay me for my comments!

aloted said...

just recently started reading vera's blog...and i like her style...this is a nice review...

first time here and loving it :)