Much Ado About Mac

Hmm...

Apple has always been known for coming up with outstanding technololgical razzmatazz. They've got products that look like the technology for the future. Maybe they'll end up being the numero uno, who knows.

I like the looks, designs and all that sleek feel they got but I got beef for a number of  things about them...

The Mac Desktop Computer : Beautiful, stylish graphic interfaces and rich color display -stuff that has made many graphic artists fall in love with this computer. But in my brief relationship with a Mac Desktop I've come to find issues:

  1. The system is heavy! Yet when you look at it, you're decieved to feel it's light.
  2. When you tap the volume key on the keyboard, the sound effects sounds like an old woman's fart progressing to a louder crescendo.
  3. The CD drive seems to always have a lifespan that's limited than expected.
  4. It's too selective when it comes to detecting external hardware plugged to it.
  5. The sound it makes at startup aint musical at all. Not ear-friendly.  
  6. The Mac feels good to use but I don't think its user friendly.


As for the Mac Laptop, its just a smaller version of the big wahala. Portable beauty with equal wahala and same mannerisms.

The iPhone is the sensation and rave of the moment but unfortunately, a lot of ladies are gonna beef this phone because according what I read about it, it works with finger sentivity. So if you're wearing fashionably adorned nails, you aint gonna be able to tap that screen like you want to. Makes it look like a phone meant for men only!

Eermm...but on the real sha, if you dash me any Mac product I go collect!

9 Screamer(s):

The Activist said...

Yeee they are fine o. BRB

archiwiz said...

Too much hype over nothing...Indeed their interfaces are not user-friendly...at least to me, but Apple fan boys will fight you to death if you mention one thing wrong with the love of their geeky lives.

The hardware is slick...I'll give them that for real, but then some parts of it are just...what type of stupid mouse is that that issn't even ergonomically friendly? In 2008? And the keyboard as well. Several things I've identified as their trademark:
1. Clamped down software and hardware: In this day of "open" and open source stuff, why would they still be so locked down on their stuff...Their hardware can't work without approved software, and if you jailbreak they come out with an update that will render your hardware useless, or revert it back to the previous state.

2. Interface: Too much attention is paid to shiny and glossy and stuff, and the user is not "allowed" to tweak it to basic or simple. So the use is rather limited. Also, the learning curve for Macs is very steep compared to the PC/Windows...

3. Hiding stuff: So much stuff is hidden in so many places that its difficult to know where to start and where to end. Incidentally, there is no start button...or is that trademarked by Windows?

4. Exclusivity: They pride themselves so much on exclusivity that it hampers them in sales (prices are very high - you can find a brand new laptop for $500 packed w/ features but you cannot find a Macbook for that price) and users...Software availability is limited and creates problems for mainstream designers (field-specific to Architecture) and other people who are basically technically challenged.

The iPhone isn't yet the device I would like it to be...However, pretty much all the people I look up to geekly have one...I'm holding out for Nokia...:)

Buttercup said...

technology isnt my turf..at all! so, i wudnt notice all what u mentioned...

i love the iPhone tho!

Afronuts said...

@ Standtall...back from the loo yet?

@Archiwiz...Wow! You added more info. Thanks. Its all as good enuff to add to my entry. And u're right. Can u even imagine that majority of the graphic artists in my office have microsoft's windows working on their Macs instead of Mac's?

Afronuts said...

@buttercup...yeah you'll love it but may find it a bitch to use cuz ur fancy nails wont allow u..

archiwiz said...

Exactly Afronuts...When I was planning to buy a 24" iMac, I had to factor in the price for a new monitor equal in size to the iMac, Parallels or VM Fusion, and a whole laundry list of other items in order to make it useful as a Windows machine. In the end I fashied...The stress was just too much, and the cost too expensive.

Bombchell said...

apples are pretty. but after using regular windows or whatever u call them , I about lost my ming in my photoshop class.

Afronuts said...

@Archiwiz...shey? with much aesthetics comes much stress. I dont think that goes down well with me.

@Bombchell...I feel u. The PC is far friendlier than the Mac.

I got those "fancy nails" and I don't have any problems using the iPhone! It's a matter of practice. Just like working with the touch pad of a laptop...
But let me add a bad thing about the phone: it cannot stand the rain. Even a small shower can cause the phone to malfunction (screen not lighting up, buttons not functioning anymore,...). And the 2 mega pixel camera is crappy. Doesn't even have a flash.